The judges decided it wasn’t enough for Zak Cummings Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 129.
Following three grueling rounds and 15 minutes, Cummings was on the losing end of a split decision to Michel Prazeres from Santiago, Chile on FOX Sports 2. The welterweight bout served as the main event to the prelims, which also streamed live on UFC Fight Pass.
Former Ultimate Fighter winner Kamaru Usman finished off the show with a convincing victory vs. ex-UFC title challenger Demian Maia. Usman remained unbeaten in the UFC with the win, as Maia suffered his third consecutive loss.
In the co-headline bout, strawweight Tatiana Suarez made a claim to being a contender in the near future, as the former Ultimate Fighter winner picked up a first round submission victory over Alexa Grasso.
Dominick Reyes also stayed unbeaten in his career when he knocked out Jared Cannonier inside of three minutes of the first round, with Guido Cannettii, Andrea Lee and Vicente Luque all claiming wins on the FOX Sports 1 main card.
Along with Prazeres and his decision win on the prelims, Alexandre Pantoja, Poliana Botelho, Gabriel Benitez, Enrique Barzola, Frankie Saenz and Claudio Puelles all were victorious on the night.
Below are complete results:
- Kamaru Usman def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46)
- Tatiana Suarez def. Alexa Grasso via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:45 of Round 1
- Dominick Reyes def. Jared Cannonier via TKO (strikes) at 2:55 of Round 1
- Guido Cannetti def. Diego Rivas via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Andrea Lee def. Veronica Macedo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Vicente Luque def. Chad Laprise via KO (strike) at 4:16 of Round 1
- Michel Prazeres def. Zak Cummings via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Alexandre Pantoja def. Brandon Moreno via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Poliana Botelho def. Syuri Kondo via TKO (body-kick, strikes) at :33 of Round 1
- Gabriel Benitez def. Humberto Bandenay via KO (slam) at :39 of Round 1
- Enrique Barzola def. Brandon Davis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Frankie Saenz def. Henry Briones via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Claudio Puelles def. Felipe Silva via submission (knee-bar) at 2:23 of Round 3
You must log in to post a comment.